Event Captain Volunteer
What are the responsibilities of being a Raft Captain for an event?
- Send information to the Webmaster about such things as:
- Any special theme or arrangements you have made (i.e., dinner reservations, slip arrangements, etc.).
- When you plan on arriving at the raft-up location.
- Any special items to bring (i.e., theme food, your favorite cocktail, etc.).
- Time period you will be monitoring Ch 72.
- Contact information before and during the event, especially boat phone number.
- Contact marinas or restaurants, if appropriate, and coordinate activities such as picnics, cocktail hour, etc.
- Coordinate changes to event with Cruise Director.
- Notify known attendees and Webmaster of any changes to event itinerary.
- Get approval before your event of any expenditures, if you want to be reimbursed. Approval is needed in writing (emails are acceptable) from the Commodore.
- Monitor ship's radio (VHF Ch 72) and/or cell phone during the agreed time. Reply on minimum power necessary to communicate.
- Decide how many rafts to form and direct each raft-up to balance the boats around the anchor boat(s). Note: The Raft Captain does not have to serve as an anchor boat.
- Decide how many boats should remain rafted overnight.
- If appropriate, direct the break-up of the raft in time to allow boats to get anchored and set.
- Write a post-cruise article for the website.